Job vacancy Records Officer
View all 538 Jobs
The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) is an independent and autonomous body and is the Supreme Audit Institution in Lesotho. OAG is responsible for auditing government revenue and spending and to oversee the management of public funds and the quality and credibility of government’s reported financial data.
OAG invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions:
DIRECTORATE : FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
JOB TITLE : RECORDS OFFICER
NO. OF POSTS : ONE (1)
RESPONSIBLE TO : ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
RESPONSIBLE FOR : RECORDS ASSISTANT
The incumbent is responsible for creation, storage, retrieval and disposal of all information about OAG activities.
• Plans and develops the records management and assures protection of files.
• Ensures that retrieving of records happens in the standardised manner.
• Responsible for maintaining all records and reports that are contained on paper, computer and other media within the OAG.
• Develop record distribution and storage policies
• Analyse OAG information needs and develop procedures to ensure that requirements are met.
• Refers to policy and legislative requirements in order to determine the length of time company records are kept.
• Receives, registers and classifies correspondences.
• Identifies and appropriately files classified information
• Audits records and registers to ensure proper data bank
• Schedules disposal of unwanted records and information.
• Coordinates and provides support in filing OAG records and other office services.
• Assists the Administration Manager with keeping and monitoring inventory of all office equipment and supplies in the organization and ensures they are properly used.
• Monitors and ensures proper maintenance and flow of records and documents.
• Hold meetings with Directors to ensure compliance of OAG’s practical procedures and policies.
• Develops better means of managing data.
• Supervises the staff that directly report to him/her including formally appraising their performance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Records Management or Information management
or Bachelor of Science in Library and Information Science or equivalent from a recognised institution.
• Work experience in records management will be an added advantage
• Interpersonal skills.
• Communication skills.
• Professional and ethical
• Organization skills.
• Planning skills
• Customer focus
• Attention to detail
Submission of Applications:
Applications (Covering letter, CV, names of two referees, certified copies of
educational certificates, transcripts, and ID) should be emailed to: an email
hand delivered to;
Office of the Auditor-General 4th Floor, Finance House
High Court Road
• Closing date for applications is 29 January 2021, 4:30pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• No late applications will be accepted.
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 26 Feb, 2021JOB BYSelibeng
See all jobs